The platform, which is expected to realize a motto Effective IT Infrastructure Management must be based on innovative solutions for application access, ease of configuration and multiple tools available. One of them, in ITmonit are dynamically generated reports, which are available from level of e-help and e-monitoring. Reporting is the basis for a deeper familiarization with the conclusions of the inventory of hardware and software, and their exploitation. They allow to make decisions that are based on specific data. This is well shown in the example of information about the quantity of taken warranty claims (components, hardware etc.), which taken under consideration by subsequent purchases allows to make a choice of a different, extended service, or enhanced hardware that in the long term usage will be less expensive, more sustainable and efficient.
In ITmonit we can use the following reports:
1) Status of IT infrastructure Report - collects data on devices that are connected to the network. It is available for the outsourcer and the company which is using its services. Similarly it can be used by independent administrator from company. The collected data include: a) the type of equipment, b) the key parameters (eg. temperature), c) the value of the monitored parameters, d) functioning of the device in the optimal range of values.
2) The report of current service activities - applies ongoing and completed service requests, included in this area are records include: a) the date of creation b) assigned request number c) the topics of request d) the latest information regarding the action taken, e) category of request (the status of high or low), f) data on devices, its parameter, value out of range and its estimated optimal values. This report allows to gather full details of the request from its creation to completion. Outsourcer and the company have, thanks to it the full story of failure. It is also a real basis for the verification executing service outsourcer (basis of calculation) and their own administrator.
3) Network interfaces status report - provides information from devices within the infrastructure and connected to the network. It allow outsourcer and administrator in the case of workstations to analyze which of them have Internet access, network interfaces names and whether they are enabled or disabled. Also collects the transmission values data (send and receive), taking into account date of their change.
4) Report of defects - allows to specify service actions that took place in period chosen by the company or outsourcer. After clarifying the time range to analyze (start date - end date) report will be generated in the form of records with the following information: a) the name of the device, b) assigned request number, c) its title, d) date of the last update e) the quantity of hours required for the task. In addition, the report includes the information when and which device has been added or removed from your organization's network.
5) Report of infrastructure changes - takes into account any changes to the network of devices belonging to the company. Provides outsourcer or administrator full details on the device names and the date of their removal or addition.
6) Update status report - it is important from the perspective of security, stability and productivity of work because signals which of devices may be covered by the potential threat of attack by viruses using of a gap in the software. Similarly, labor productivity can be increased by updating the software of users making their work easier and more efficient. Records of the report relate to the device name, the software and the installation date. It also contains information about installation or installed updates. It includes also installation/update of the operating system (eg. updated ServicePack) and the installation/update any other software (eg. Word, Photoshop and others).
7) Report of installed software and licenses report - those two independent reports collect information on the software that is detected by the agent installed on the device. Records of these reports refer to the device, software and installation date (except that the license report gives concrete name and version of the installed programs). It allows the outsourcer and the administrator to inventory of software, licenses and operating systems in terms of their legality, updates, and also act in cases where users arbitrary made program installation, what could expose the company to the large financial losses in the event of an audit of legality.
Effective IT infrastructure management is not possible without access to diverse and synthetic reports. The above-mentioned reports provide key data including the most important issues related to the current maintenance of the company's infrastructure. They allow the company, administrator and outsourcer more effectively execute service, purchasing and inventory actions, so it is possible to reduce costs for ad hoc services in case of failure, increasing control, safety and productivity.